Tower Behavioral Health provides comprehensive inpatient care for adults age 18 and older who have been experiencing mental health concerns. We serve as a source of information, collaboration, and superior support for the therapists, counselors, and other professionals who refer patients to our mental health treatment center in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Criteria for referring a patient to Tower Behavioral Health in Reading, PA
At Tower Behavioral Health, we’re committed to working closely with referring professionals to ensure that your patients receive the type and level of care that best meets their specific needs.
All admissions decisions at Tower Behavioral Health are made on an individual basis. However, in general, our mental health treatment facility in Reading, Pennsylvania, may be an optimal placement for individuals in your care who meet the following criteria:
- Adults of all genders, age 18 and older
- Have a primary diagnosis of a mental health disorder
- Are experiencing an acute crisis that is best addressed via inpatient treatment
We also accept adults who have been struggling with substance use and addiction, but only if this is a co-occurring condition that accompanies a primary diagnosis of a mental health disorder.
How Tower Behavioral Health in Reading, PA, helps patients who have been referred for mental health treatment
When a referred patient is admitted into treatment at Tower Behavioral Health, they are placed into one of our two inpatient units:
- Our general psychiatric unit is a safe and secure treatment environment for adults who have been experiencing severe and persistent mental health disorders, including psychotic disorders, acute episodes of anxiety, and behavioral problems associated with personality disorders.
- Our mood disorders unit serves adults whose lives have been disrupted by significant distress related to a primary diagnosis of a depressive disorder or other mood disorder.
In both inpatient units, patients follow personalized treatment plans that include an array of customized therapeutic interventions and evidence-based best practices.
Efficient process for referring patients to our mental health treatment center for adults in Reading, PA
When you contact Tower Behavioral Health to discuss referring a patient to our care, you will receive the answers, guidance, and support you’ve been seeking, with minimal disruption to your daily schedule. We understand the many demands that are placed on the professionals who refer patients to us, and we intend to meet your needs so that you can focus on your practice and your other patients.
Once you’ve provided us with some basic information, we will coordinate directly with your patient or, depending on their needs, with their family. Our team will also contact your patient’s insurance provider to verify their benefits. With your patient’s permission, we’ll confirm their admission with you and ensure that you receive regular updates on their progress throughout their time in our care.
Working together, we can ensure that your patient gets the care they need so that they can achieve improved quality of life and make a successful and productive transition out of our inpatient program.
Advantages of referring a patient to Tower Behavioral Health in Reading, PA
Tower Behavioral Health focuses on providing superior services to adults who can benefit from our comprehensive inpatient programming. We are committed to exceeding the expectations of the professionals who refer patients to our mental health treatment facility in Reading, Pennsylvania.
The following are among the many benefits of referring to Tower Behavioral Health:
- You will know that your patient will receive quality inpatient care that is personalized to meet their unique needs and provided by experienced and compassionate professionals.
- We will work directly with your patient and their family to address any matters related to the admissions process, including insurance or other financial matters, which frees you up to tend to your practice and care for your other patients.
- With your patient’s permission, we’ll keep you updated on their progress.
- If clinically appropriate, we will include a referral back to you for outpatient services in your patient’s discharge plan.
The Tower Behavioral Health team looks forward to being a valuable partner to the professionals who refer patients to our facility. To learn more about how we will be able to help your patients and your practice, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.